We think it is very important to be eco – friendly and recycle.
GO GREEN – ECO – FRIENDLY – RECYCLE –REUSE – REDUCE – REBUY
Recycling is the process of converting waste into new, usable materials.
Also Recycling can prevent the waste of potentially useful materials and reduce the consumption of fresh raw materials, thereby reducing: energy usage, air pollution (from incineration), and water pollution (from landfilling).
What we do at Brambles to be eco – friendly
First we look at what types and how much waste we are producing. And then see where we can make reductions.
Our Quality Control Manager has the responsibility of processing and meet with Environmental Waste Policies. Because of that we do:
- Choose product (where possible) made from recycled materials to support the industry.
- We buy in bulk and use refillable containers.
- We choose long –life and durable products.
- Review purchasing policies for goods with minimal packaging.
- Reuse boxes for transporting and storing goods.
- Also we avoid disposable item.
Save paper, save trees, save the planet.
Office staff reuse paper for printing and avoid overuse of paper. Because of that emails or other documents are not printed. Unless we really need a hard copy.
In 2014 we become a member of Repak.
Repak is a government approved voluntary compliance scheme which operates as a not for profit company. Established by private industry, to help member companies meet their Waste management obligations in a cost effective manner.
As a result of Joining Repak we received a certificate of Compliance. Which exempts us from having to accept and recycle, packaging waste from customers and the public, as well as:
- Licence to use the green dot
- Advice on recycling best practice and how to reduce waste and manage costs
- Training on statistical submissions/returns
- Also Member conferences and workshops
- Access to Repak’s list of subsidised waste contractors
- Quarterly newsletter/bulletin updates on recycling
- Regular updates on waste legislation/EU Packaging Directives
- Membership to Europe’s most cost effective compliance and recycling schemes
- Access to Repak’s lobbying capabilities acting on behalf of its members. Making representations to Government and Local Authorities
- Analysis and evaluation of your company’s annual waste management plans
- Contribution to meeting Ireland’s EU packaging waste recycling targets
What you can do
There is a wide range of services and facilities to recycle domestic waste. Recycling and composting your domestic waste helps to minimise charges for your waste collection. However many of the items used in the home can be recycled.
There are 3 types of permanent recycling facility. Such as bring banks, civic amenity sites and recycling centres. And you can find out what is available in your area.
Bring banks are unstaffed collection points for recyclable materials like glass bottles, drinks cans and food cans. And some bring banks also have collection bins for unwanted clothes.
Civic amenity sites are similar to bring banks. But can accept a larger variety of items. In general, they accept paper, cardboard, plastic and glass bottles as well drinks cans and food tins. Also textiles and footwear, electrical equipment, fluorescent tubes, waste oil and DIY waste.
Most local authorities also set up temporary collection points for Christmas trees each year.
Recycling centres accept a smaller variety of items than civic amenity sites.
For organic waste, you may choose to compost it yourself. Because most garden waste and much kitchen waste can be composted.
Examples of recycling
Recycling is simple, effective, and something the whole family can participate.There is lot of ideas for recycling. For example Bird feeder made from plastic bottle which you can find on YouTube how to do step by step. So you can have a nice time with your kids while do in it, and give your kids a lesson how to be eco – friendly.
Below we show few examples how to Go Green and recycling.
Bird feeder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yV6V6rtpyc
Wall decoration and others decoration done from old paper rolls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQo7R6QGuYg
Also flower pot decoration done from old paper rolls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aPQD7w-0mU
There are much more beautiful and useful thinks what you can do at home and be eco – friendly.